Unable to send mail using Process Studio

Hi,

I am unable to send the mail using process studio plugins. though I have provided right details as below:
SMTP server : smtp.gmail.com
Port : 465
Username and password

It is showing unable to send mail error.

Please help me in this.

Warm Regards,
Himesh

Hi Himesh,

You need to make Gmail account less secure in order to solve this issue;

• Login to your Gmail account manually on the browser
  • Click on Google Maps icon from your profile (present in left of your profile icon)
  • Click on the Account option
  • Search “Less secure app access” search box
  • Turn ON “Allow less secure apps” option
  • Restart the process-studio and check

Thanks and Regards,
Archana Muley

4 Likes

Hi Archana,

I have implemented the changes you suggested, I am able to send the mail now.
Thanks a lot for swift response.

Thanks and regards,
Himesh

Hi Archana,

I have the same problem and already tried the solution above.

Can you please advise on what are the next steps/possible solution on my inquiry?

I tried using older version of Java(jdk 8.0.11) as I have read in other community inquiry that most of the problems regarding send mail in Process Studio is java related (newer vsrsions) but to no avail I still encounter the issue.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

I have been trying to Send Mail using Process Studio but I guess the 2 Factor Authentication is stopping it. Any way to avoid this without disabling 2FA?

The solution to this is configuring App Passwords from the Google Account and then using that 16 digit password.

Log in to your Gmail account through a web browser and enable access through less secure apps . Less secure apps can make your account more vulnerable, Google will automatically turn this setting off if it’s not being used. However, bypass this security setting with a configuration tweak within your Google Email Account .

To do so, first head over to https://accounts.google.com/ → Security → Enable Less Secure Apps

Enabling access for “less secure apps” means that the client/app doesn’t use OAuth 2.0 . OAuth 2.0 is the industry-standard protocol for authorization. When you sign in with OAuth 2.0, you sign in to Google’s system directly. In OAuth 2.0 , you authenticate directly to Gmail with your credentials and authorize an app to do certain things. The third-party app only sees an authorization token provided by Google as proof that you authenticated correctly and agreed to authorize that app.

Try this
1)Just Login your gmail account and go to “Manage Your Accounts”
2)Click on Security
3)Enable 2-factor Authentication
4)Click on App-Passwords option below it.
5)Generate a password.
6)In the mail plugin , use this password as the authentication password on the server tab and enter your mail as the authentication user.
7)Choose connection type as SSL