Windows: Restart Services (Plugin Step)

Hi! All

I want to create a workflow to perform Windows machine and services start/stop operations. Please can you give me an idea how to design my workflow.

Hi!

AutomationEdge’s Windows plugin has several ready actions. Following are a few ready actions related to Windows machine and services start/stop.

• Windows: Restart Machine

• Windows: Get Service Status

• Windows: Start Service

• Windows: Stop Service

• Windows: Restart Service

I have designed a workflow with input parameters for Action Type and Service Name if applicable. I have used a String Operations plugin step to trim the Action type string value and convert it to lower case.

• There is an initial filter to check if the action type is Restart Machine. If so, it follows the path to restart the machine. Else it checks the service status.

• I then applied a filter to check if the Action Type is to start a Service and perform the action with the ready action for it.

• I then applied a filter to check if the Action Type is to stop a Service and perform the action with the ready action for it.

• I then applied a filter to check if the Action Type is to restart a Service and perform the action with the ready action for it.

In this way you can effectively use the prebuilt actions to handle several action types in one workflow.

1 Like

Great contribution.
Thanks

1 Like