Errors in process

If I get an error in the process, how can I handle it?

Hello @akash_chaudhari ,

What error you’re getting, please elaborate?

I am taking mail entry in process and If I want to handle errors for this entry then how do I handle that error which will occur may be in future?

Hi! Akash,

You can use the Error Handling hop from the Mail entry . You can point the error handling hop to a Set Variables step. Specify the value of the variable as the error message such as ‘An error occurred in the Mail entry. please check logs for more information’

You can then send the variable via email to stakeholders or use in the Set Workflow Result step to show the error message on the AE UI Requests workflow details.

Secondly, you can use Try-Catch steps for error handling.

I hope this helps!

Hi Ma’am,
I have created the process which you suggested while using the set workflow result.I have taken the start entry then the mail entry and the success entry and gave mail false hope to the set workflow result and gave the wrong SMTP configuration to the mail entry.

But it still showing me in the AE UI portal failure status, even if I configure the complete status in the set workflow result.

This e-mail and any attachments hereto are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein and may be confidential, non-public, proprietary, protected by the attorney/client or other privilege. Unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, saving or other use of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. Receipt by anyone other than the named addressee(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of any privilege or protection. If you are not a named addressee or if you believe that you have received this e-mail in error , please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your computer system without reading, distributing, copying, saving or otherwise using it in any manner. We do not warrant or represent in any way that this communication is free of malicious software or potentially damaging defects. All liability for any actual or alleged loss, damage, or injury arising out of or resulting in any way from the receipt, opening or use of this e-mail is expressly disclaimed.

Hi! Akash,

It’s great to hear back from you.
First, please check the error in Process Studio (PS). Is it behaving as expected? You can check PS log files.

for AE UI please check Agent log files.

Hi Ma’am,

Thank you for your concern.

I have resolved the issue as per your guidance now my Process running properly.
I have attached the screenshot of the corrected Process.

Please check once.

This e-mail and any attachments hereto are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein and may be confidential, non-public, proprietary, protected by the attorney/client or other privilege. Unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, saving or other use of this communication is prohibited and may be unlawful. Receipt by anyone other than the named addressee(s) shall not be deemed a waiver of any privilege or protection. If you are not a named addressee or if you believe that you have received this e-mail in error , please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies from your computer system without reading, distributing, copying, saving or otherwise using it in any manner. We do not warrant or represent in any way that this communication is free of malicious software or potentially damaging defects. All liability for any actual or alleged loss, damage, or injury arising out of or resulting in any way from the receipt, opening or use of this e-mail is expressly disclaimed.

1 Like